Unit Key 4
Unit Key 6
__________ ____________ _____________ ____________________ _____________ ____________ _____________ _______________ ___________ __________ __________ __________ _____________ ________ __ _
- Outside the town there is a tavern.
- There students always drink much wine in autumn.
- They do not read books in the library.
- O stupid students, why do you sit under the shade of the cypress and drink wine?
- Why do you not listen to the excellent master?
- The master's anger will be great when he comes here.
- As he has always said, it is necessary to read Latin books.
- If you toil for many hours you will learn the Latin language.
- O excellent master, to err is human.
- We were in the tavern but we were not drinking much wine.
- We did not have money because we had bought Latin books.
- When you used to tell stories about the girls of Gaul our joy was great.
- Afterwards, when we were walking in the street, a sailor ran up and said, 'Beautiful girls have come from Gaul and are living in the tavern.'
- Therefore we hastened to the tavern but when we arrived we did not see a girl (lit. saw no girl).
- With great sorrow we went out from the tavern and now we are waiting for your words.
(c) Gavin Betts 2000